Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Easy Chicken Burritos with My Favorite Salsa

My sister made this chicken at a family gathering and everyone loved it. We were so surprised when we found out how easy it is to prepare. You can use the chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos...whatever. It's yummy! Sorry about the bad picture. Apparently my camera didn't focus very well.

Ingredients:
1 Jar of La Victoria Salsa Verde (it's green)
Chicken breasts (however many you want. I put about two in for my family and it is more than enough.)

Directions:
Just throw those two ingredients in the crockpot in the morning (I even put the chicken in frozen) and cook 4-6 hours. Shred with two forks and use any way you wish. I love to cook up some of those Costco tortillas and put the chicken in with some Lipton-Knorr Spanish Rice, lettuce, cheese and fresh salsa (recipe below). You could even add beans if you wanted. YUM!


FAVORITE SALSA

Ingredients:
5 tomatoes diced small
1 bunch green onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced (I like 3)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
3 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine (cut in half first and remove seeds and membrane and then rinse inside and out or you will have really hot salsa!) (and don't touch your eyes. i learned that the hard way!)
juice from 1/2-1 lemon (depending on the size of the lemon and what taste you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and gently toss. Adjust seasonings and refrigerate.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Could we discuss just exactly how much "1/2 a bunch of cilantro" is? I have a similar recipe that calls for the same amount. Appearntly my bunch is a little big because my salsa was GREEN. It really was.
What on earth is a bunch?! Someone please help me.

Sara said...

Umm, yes, I also wanted to comment on the Costco tortillas--heaven in a tortilla. So delicious. So delicious.
Macey's also sells them. They're by the cheese. You'll never go back to regular tortillas.
(Guys, how sad is my spelling? I have to type out my comments in a word document first and then transfer them. This is sad.)